The New Year has arrived, The Lunar New Year has passed and now the kids are back at school its time to contact your Newcastle Buyers Agent to help you secure your next home or investment while you’re busy getting on with your life. Don’t let another year pass by without buying a property, take a short cut and use a buyers agent.
The Real Estate Buyers Agent Association of Australia put out some of their top strategies for making buying easier:
1. Get pre-approved finance
Being pre-approved by a mortgage lender is a great way to show sellers that you’re not only serious about buying, but that you have the funds for the purchase ready to go.
2. Don’t overlook due diligence
Due diligence remains essential during the home buying process, and speeding things up carelessly to take advantage of a deal can end up costing you much more down the line.
3. Don’t give low-ball offers
Making low-ball offers in a rising market is a sure way to be ignored. Obviously price becomes and major factor and while you do not want to overpay for a property, making a low-ball offer means that you will not be taken seriously.
4. Be decisive and ready to act
In a rising market, it’s all too easy for more prepared and confident buyers to act early and beat you to the negotiating table whilst you’re still mulling over the property a few days later. If you have done your research and know it’s the right one, don’t be afraid to offer and exchange at the first inspection.
5. Don’t complicate the conditions of sale
Avoid asking for favours or adding complicated contingencies to the deal. This is not the time.
6. Get an independent advocate
Employing a buyer’s agent can help level the playing field and give you the edge you need in a competitive market. Not only can they assist with finding potential homes in an area, they can also help you with negotiations and bidding.
Contact your Newcastle based REBAA member Newcastle Buyers Agent to get an insider’s edge in today’s market.
The Real Estate Buyer’s Agents Association of Australia (REBAA) was established in 2000 with the goal to raise the profile of the industry and to establish guidelines for the professional conduct of real estate buyer’s agents nationally.
REBAA’s mission is to be recognised as Australia’s foremost association representing buyer’s agents.
- REBAA is Australia’s leading professional body for buyer’s agents.
- Buyer’s agents are licensed professionals who specialise in searching, negotiating and purchasing property on behalf of buyers
- REBAA’s key roles include providing help and guidance for buyer’s agents while actively campaigning to make the property market more user-friendly for the buying public.
- The entity has also provided strategic advice to the NSW Department of Fair Trading review of the Property, Stock and Business Agents Act, to ensure the activity of buyer’s agents is considered in drafting amendments. REBAA members are also actively involved in similar legislation with Government in Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia.
- As a leading player in the property industry, REBAA offers significant benefits to both buyer’s agents and consumers.
- As a respected industry body, REBAA gives buyer’s agents the credibility of being part of a professional body and the opportunity to promote qualifications through its membership.
- By choosing a REBAA member, buyers can be confident they are dealing with an experienced and professional buyer’s agent.
REBAA maintains a good relationship with state-based Real Estate Institutes as well as the REIA and makes regular contact with other organisations to represent the interests of our members.